Meals on Wheels and Senior Outreach Services has been enhancing the lives of Contra Costa County seniors for more than 40 years.
We’re a full-service nonprofit organization dedicated to helping seniors live independently and with dignity.
What we do
We offer six programs that work together to help keep our clients healthy, safe, and independent in their communities.
- Meals on Wheels delivers 750 hot, nutritious meals to homebound seniors every weekday.
- C.C. Cafés host social activities and serve 200 healthy, low-cost lunches in 6 locations every weekday.
- Friendly Visitors provide companionship to 215 homebound seniors every week.
- The Home Care Registry helps 400 seniors and their families find trustworthy, in-home help every year.
- The Fall Prevention Program educates 700 community members and makes critical home safety improvements for 100 seniors every year.
- Our Geriatric Care Managers help 150 seniors access services that improve their quality of life every year.
Who we serve
We serve a growing population of seniors (age 60 or older) in Contra Costa County. In our 2011-12 fiscal year:
- We received 9,960 calls from seniors or their adult children looking for help
- 5109 seniors benefited from one or more of our programs
- 57% of them were women
- 30% were 80 years or older
- 44% lived alone
- 80% were low or extremely low income